Thursday, May 20, 2010

Presentibil, and not stout. Whew.

The pool opens in 9 days.  It's fair to say I'm assessing the 'damage'  from the winter - the long days of snowbound inactivity, the many chili meals, the accompanying beers.   As usual, I judge, and find myself sorely lacking.  (Or sorely 'over-endowed' as the case may be. Yikes.)

There've been a few extra workouts in recent weeks.

So I'm talking to Cecilie on a walk yesterday, and she asks me if an female acquaintance of ours would be considered "stout."  After swallowing a smile, I demurred - well, not stout exactly.  I think she's probably just about like me.

My eldest - my biggest fashion critic, the one who paid me the compliment of being 'Presentibil' on Mother's Day - stopped short, aghast:  Mommy!  You're not stout! You're not even the stoutiest bit stout!

I think I'll keep her.

8 comments:

Jen C said...

Children never lie either (at least when it comes to commenting on adult appearances). You're gorgeous!

Betsy said...

I don't think you are the stoutiest bit stout either.

Tricia said...

Last week we were at Goodwill buying clothes and my oldest said, "That shirt even makes you look not fat." I think the honesty is refreshing. The words may not come out quite like they expect them to, but their motives are pure. Blessings to you.

One Photo said...

Oh lovely, you are not the stoutiest bit stout, out of the mouths of babes come the sweetest things

erica said...

The only good stout is of the beer variety!

CaraBee said...

Stout? Hardly!

I don't look forward to what my daughter will have to say about me. Sigh.

Cheryl said...

Loves this!

Michelle DeRusha said...

This is so precious -- love that phrase..."not even the stoutiest bit stout!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails