Monday, August 15, 2005

The end of the road...

...and we're back

I
dropped David (check out his band's website http://www.darkhalorising.com/) off at 1.00 this morning and I am happy to report that after spending 16 hrs every day in the car, we can tick the "accomplished" box. The highlights (if you can call them that) included not listening to the same song twice (praise the lord for NPR and the iPod), Kickapoo IL and Downer MN, service stations with cunning names,
cruising down the strip in Sturgis at the world's largest motorcycle rally in our blue mini-van --surrounded by Harleys, as well as having a tire with a slow leak for at least the final 2,000 miles...


The good news is that Bozeman is a wonderful town (the best comparison I can come up with is that it's like St Helena, only money hasn't quite managed to corrupt it yet - it is beautiful, clean, with few if any chains and people are genuinely happy), our customer is fantastic and obviously very appreciative. Being extremely nice is something all our customers seem to have in common and it really makes my job SO enjoyable; if only we can get this logistic thing sorted I might have to say that mine it is the best job in the world, period.

So, I've got to go back (to have a proper look around) and in my mind I am already planning a road trip (for leisure): flying in to Salt Lake City, sticking the family in an RV and heading north. Jackson, WY, Bozeman, MT and Yellowstone, it would be a mindblowing 10 days... anyone want to come along?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come along?? I thought you'd never ask! Count us in!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good plan to me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails