Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

I had big plans for a post tonight - the celebrations were happening early and I thought I'd get a few hours free to tell you a great story with a moral at the end. 

Then as the day progressed I had a very interesting exchange on Facebook that got me thinking about the paradoxes of Christmas:  the warm house made warmer by the cold outdoors, the happy made happier by the sad, the sacrifice made harder but the joy made greater. 

So, as usual, big ideas, but here is the sad fact:  I need to sleep. 

I hope I will be able to share stories of the Worst Christmas Ever, and thoughts on the dark side of Christmas with you through this week.  I actually miss posting every day - it was lovely to chat with all of you.

Merry Christmas, everyone.  Please, on this one day, choose to embrace joy.  There are so many reasons it is hard, but therefore so many reasons why we should.  Choose JOY.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

My goodness. Talk about a cryptic post!
Anyway - Merry Christmas to you! Glad we've become friends! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails