Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wanna Go Deep With Me?

A while back I told you I'd have to explore the meaning behind water's elemental call sometime later, when things cooled off a bit.  Well it's the third week of July, and we're looking at another week of high 90s, high humidity, and I'm still angling to spend the majority of my days in the water.

So I thought maybe we should just dive right in. Ha!  Today I'm guest posting over at Katdish, about an early memory of being alone in the deep water.



Can I just tell you, I'm still hyperventilating a little bit about this, not just because Kathy is a tremendous writer herself, but because she also takes the time to find and really encourage new writers who are just starting to dip their toes in the writing pool.  I was floored and a little overcome by her offer of a guest post, but I was all over it like, well...... like sunscreen on a red-headed toddler.

Random fact:  she was also one of my very first Twitter peeps.  She's on fire on the Twitter machine, let me tell ya.

There's a lot to be said about water, and its profound call to our hearts.  Maybe we'll have to do a little bit of thinking on this in the next few weeks.  Bit of virtual cooling off.

But for now, go on over to Katdish and check out Going Deep - join me in the murky muddy pond water, won't you?

6 comments:

katdish said...

Thanks for the kind words, and thank you for guest posting for me. I was reading thru your blog last night. I absolutely love your writing. For reals.

Michelle DeRusha said...

Loved your story of swimming over at Katdish's place. Brought back so many memories of my summers swimming in a lake.

Michelle DeRusha said...

Loved your story of swimming over at Katdish's place. Brought back so many memories of my summers swimming in a lake.

diane said...

great story. loved the symbolism.

Grace said...

Visiting from SITS. I'll check your guest blog on Katdish. Have a great day!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Congratulations,
Can't wait to go over and have a read.
Dana

Related Posts with Thumbnails