Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaBloPoMo

This blogging thing is great.  No, really it is.   I've developed this outrageously active inner dialogue:  I spend most of my days having quiet conversations with myself about how I could turn that last idea, that fleeting thought just now into a post.  Every day I log on to Blogger and click 'New Post' and then..... stare at the screen.  I stare at the screen for the 3 minutes that I have free before Small Person #1, 2 or 3 is shouting for assistance.  And this, my readers, is how you end up with forty-two drafts in the Posts folder.

This is deeply irritating to me.  Deeply irritating to have all these posts bouncing around in my head, crashing into each other and just confusing all of us.

So today it's November 1, and as luck would have it, the first day of NaBloPoMo.  What is this silliness of which I write??  Well National Blog Post Month, of course.  What started as a bit of insider riff on NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, wherein you attempt to complete a novel, or at least 50,000 words in November), NaBloPoMo acknowledges that not all of us have enough coherent ideas for a chapter, much less a novel, but that all of us have at least a blog post a day.  Heck, I've got at least 16 posts a day, but herein lies the challenge:  can I get 'em posted??

I've got high school friends who are working the novel angle, and a college friend who actually met the 50,000 word limit and finished the book last year (woo hoo Lisa!!).  Me, I'm going to start small.  I'm going to sit my backside down each morning, and work on just getting something posted.  Something to entertain my TWO Official Followers (yay Heather & Harold!),  maybe a recipe or two on the days I'm feeling less inspired.  If any of you have bright ideas you want to hear about, let me know.  I'm not proud - I'll write about it all.  (Anyone who is happy to share stories of swearing in front of small children and elders, or of assuming deadly allergies were 'just a bad mood' doesn't set her standards that high.)

So join me for the ride, my peeps.  I want to hear from you:  think of yourselves as the virtual waterboys on my little virtual Marine Corps Marathon of Blogging.     See you tomorrow!


[Kid #3, by the end of November.]

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Maybe we could just, um, each write a post every other day and then just share? ;)

kirsten said...

Totally. I totally think it would work. They let you do that in marathons, don't they?

LadyC said...

I'm faithful follower # 3!

hezro said...

So happy to have been here from the beginning! :) I'm so happy that I posted on my blog yesterday. I'm off to a great start on NaBloWriMo!! Woo hoo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails