Friday, November 20, 2009

I Peaked Early



Back in the day, in college, I had a pair of shorts just like these.  I had a pea coat - mine was Navy-issued genuine article, a find from Camden Market in London.  I had tights with a subtle herringbone rib, just like these.  Even had a fabulous cream-colored ribbed turtleneck to wear under the coat.  (None of these fab accessories, mind you.  That's a whole other post. And let's just pretend the stunning peaches & cream complexion was a given.)

So when I flipped open the JCrew catalog that arrived in the mail today, I just had to share this.

For one glorious shining moment, I had an awesome outfit.  Just.......15 years too early. 

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I just knew you were a trendsetter! You go, girl! By the way, what are you wearing today? Remind me to get one and save it...for about 15 years.. HA!

kirsten said...

bwa hahahahahahaha........ hmm, let's see. I'm pretty sure that my old Fannie Mae Foundation tshirt and grey sweatpants are probably NEVER going to turn up in the JCrew catalog.

Marit said...

Oh, I remember (fondly) those early days in college. It was right around the time when we were roommates and I'm sure I can dig out a few pictures of you wearing exactly that! (Those shorts and tights were a part of my wardrobe, too.. Remember the dr. martens??) You looked fabulous back then, as I'm sure you do now (even if you are wearing sweats and a t-shirt). Cheryl's right: you go, girl!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Wow, you were really ahead of your time! :-)

kirsten said...

ha Julia - so far ahead I'm behind. :) Tragically UNhip.

Harold of Scaggsville said...

What was your next trendy outfit after than? Maybe we can jump the trend...

kirsten said...

Sadly for me Harold I think that was the last time ever. Really.

Related Posts with Thumbnails